Private In-Home Tutoring in Thunder Bay – Tutors Include Graduates of University of Toronto and McMaster University
The Tutoring Company Trusted By Thousands of Families
SchoolTutoring Academy’s tutoring programs for Thunder Bay students start with a free academic assessment with an Academic Director. Our flagship tutoring programs are available for $179.99/month which include regular one-on-one tutoring, academic mentorship, bi-monthly progress reports, learning profiles, and parental conference calls.
We currently cover the following Thunder Bay-area school district: Lakehead Public Schools, Thunder Bay Catholic District School Board.
Staffed with Ontario-Certified Teachers
Call Toll-Free 1-877-545-7737
- I wanted to thank Ms. Carol for playing such a vital role in improving my daughter's math marks in school this year.
- Victoria -- Toronto, Ontario
- Our step-son really needed a confidence booster after a tough year. Your tutors really helped him re-gain his footing in school
as he prepares for university next year.
- Theresa D. -- Ottawa, Ontario
- A quick note to say thank-you! My son really enjoyed working with his tutor and he looks forward to the sessions.
- Mr. Xing -- Mississauga, Ontario
- Thank you for all your help. We will be sure to use your tutors next school year and recommend your services to other parents.
- Mrs. Singh & Family -- Hamilton, Ontario
- I really like that your tutors follow my school material instead of their own stuff. This helped me prepare for my exams and
- Nathan C. -- Grade 10 Student, Kitchener, Ontario
Educating Our Parents: Understanding the Thunder Bay District Curriculum
The curriculum used in Thunder Bay was developed at the provincial level. The Ontario Curriculum is a framework for the subject areas that describes what essential knowledge is required within each subject throughout the grade levels. The curriculum is an instructional tool to help teachers plan units that incorporate standards of learning which will promote student mastery of the subject.
In addition to the basic skills and knowledge that a student should gain in the content areas, the Ontario Curriculum also describes the major concepts associated with the subject. Areas of higher-order thinking like problem-solving, computational thought, reasoning and critical thinking are also developed through the subject area learning; these too are laid out within the curriculum in conjunction with the subjects that foster such modes of thinking.
Keeping Informed: Recent Thunder Bay Educational News
- Kick Start - The district offers a range of after school athletic and enrichment programs for students. One unique program is the Kick Start Program that is offered to students in grade 8. The program offers Information Technology and Music courses that students can earn a 9th grade credit for participating in.
- Community Arts - The Lakehead District runs a program called the Community Arts & Heritage Education Project (CAHEP) that is designed to integrate the arts into the curriculum and activities for 5th graders. This is a theme-based program with new themes developed for each school year. Local-area artists work with teachers to help bring artistic learning and expression to all students.
- French Program - Students are offered the chance to enroll in a French-language program during grades 4-8. Students receive 160 minutes per week of French-language instruction. Later on in high school, students must take at least one core French class in order to receive their Ontario Secondary School Diploma.
Our instructors hail from Harvard, Stanford, Duke and other top institutions.
Meet our Tutors
2Tutoring at your child's pace & schedule - available 7 days a week
3Personalized instruction in the comfort of your home
Our tutors are different from the ones you find in your neighborhood
Staff Tutors with Outstanding Credentials
Our educators have graduated from top academic institutions, and many of them have achieved in the 90th percentile or higher on standardized tests. Equally importantly, they enjoy coaching students across a variety of subject areas and standardized tests.
Educators Beyond What You Find Down the Block
Students work collaboratively with their private tutor who is a top-notch college graduate well beyond the academic caliber that you'll typically find in your neighbourhood.
Experienced Academic Directors to Create and Adjust Learning Plans
Every student is paired up with both a private tutor and an Academic Director responsible for creating a comprehensive learning plan and constantly tweeking it to optimize for results.
Fully Customized Programs with Regular Progress Reports
With regular progress reports and archived copies of your lessons, you can easily track your progress and review concepts from past lessons.
Private Tutoring On Your Schedule
SchoolTutoring Academy offers private tutoring anytime, 7 days a week. Get help from an expert tutor understanding tough math concepts, completing homework assignments, studying for a science test or exam review. Finally, the flexibility to learn on your schedule!
One-on-one Instruction in the Comfort of Your Home
Our tutors make it easy to schedule sessions when and where it is convenient for you - no more rushing to tutoring centers! Let a certified SchoolTutoring Academy educator teach your student in the comfort of your home.
Math Tutoring | Science Tutoring | English Tutoring | Reading Tutoring | Writing Tutoring
Call our Academic Directors today at 1-877-545-7737 to discuss your child's strengths and areas for improvement.
Comprehensive Tutoring Programs Across All Subjects
SchoolTutoring Academy tutors work with students of all ages and abilities, including children with learning disabilities such as ADD and ADHD. We work with young learners by offering Pre-K and Kindergarten Tutoring and Elementary School Tutoring to build strong learning foundations early on. We offer comprehensive tutoring across all school subjects.
Flexible and Affordable Tutoring Plans
SchoolTutoring Academy offers affordable plans to meet every budget. Benefits include individual attention with a tutor, progress reports and mentorship. Tutoring programs from $179.99/month. We also offer high school tutoring in Algebra 1, Algebra 2, Calculus, Geometry, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and more.
Chalk Talk: Please Visit Our Blog!
Our teachers enjoy keeping parents up-to-date on the latest educational and instructional technology news. For new articles from our Academic Directors, please visit our blog.
Tutoring Options: All Cities » Ontario » Thunder Bay