AIMS Tutoring – Arizona Students
Download Printable Summary of the Arizona AIMS
Get Your Child Ready for the AIMS
SchoolTutoring Academy’s AIMS Tutoring Programs start with a free academic assessment with an Academic Director. Our flagship AIMS Tutoring Programs are available for $199.99/month which include regular one-on-one tutoring, academic mentorship, bi-monthly progress reports, learning profiles, and parental conference calls.
Call our Academic Directors today at 1-877-545-7737 to get started.
Understanding the AIMS
The Arizona Instrument to Measure Standards (AIMS) is the standardized test required for all students in Arizona by both state and federal law. The assessment measures the proficiency levels of students in Writing, Reading, Mathematics and Science. This results of this assessment show what the student’s national percentile is within that subject. All Arizona schools are required to participate in this assessment, including charter schools.
The standards tested are aligned to the curriculum standards of the state. The Arizona Common Core State Standards were developed by professional educators and are evidence-based standards of knowledge and ability as reflected across other states. The Arizona Common Core State Standards provide detailed information on the knowledge and skills that students need to be successful in college and beyond.
Format of the AIMS
The types of questions on the MCAS are as follows:
- For the AIMS assessment of Reading questions cover topics of reading comprehension passages, vocabulary. Questions require the reading of a passage and answering multiple-choice questions.
- In high school, the AIMS Writing assessment requires essay writing of the student
- The AIMS assessment in math and science covers material that was taught during the school year. Questions are in a multiple-choice format.
Taking the AIMS
- In grades 3-8, the AIMS is given in April as determined by the school or district.
- In high school, the AIMS is given in late October, late February and early April as determined by the school or district.
- The Writing Assessment is only given at the high school level