Private, In-Home Tutoring in Champion Heights, Ohio
Bi-weekly Progress Reports
Champion Heights, Ohio Tutoring Programs
Get started with SchoolTutoring Academy’s tutoring programs for Champion Heights, Ohio students. Start with a FREE ACADEMIC ASSESSMENT with an Academic Director. Our flagship tutoring programs are available starting at $199.99/month (about $25/hour)
Champion Heights District and Curriculum
Children in kindergarten through high school in Champion Heights attend public school in Champion Local Schools. The district is committed to providing top-notch educational programming and services to students at all grade levels and of all abilities. This commitment is evidenced by the district’s state report card achievement results, which are second highest in the county. The dedication of Champion’s teachers and school personnel to improving education for all students is apparent. Teachers work one-on-one with students to ensure their unique needs are met. Additionally, students are encouraged to explore areas of interest to them in order to bring learning to life. Students are also well prepared to tackle the challenges of life and work after graduation.
We currently cover the following Champion Heights-area school district: Champion Local Schools.
Educating Our Parents: Understanding the Champion Heights District Curriculum
To help students understand natural phenomenon, the study of forces and momentum are primary topics in the physics curriculum. Learners examine air resistance and drag, elastic forces, and the principles of static and kinetic friction. Vector and centripetal forces are studied as well, as is circular motion. Learners investigate kinetic and potential energies, and develop the ability to describe the motion of an object using its speed and direction. Atoms are explored as well, including how the behavior of molecules and atoms impact the movement behaviors and patterns of matter.
Students in Champion Heights also have the opportunity to study music as part of the visual and performing arts curriculum. In high school, this involves building on the skills students acquired in earlier grades to develop proficiency in music theory and performance. Students participate in a variety of performances, including large and small groups, as well as individual performances. Learners hone their ability to read music as well as improvise when necessary.
Our Champion Heights, Ohio tutoring programs are personalized just for you
Our instructors hail from Harvard, Stanford, Duke and other top institutions
Keeping Informed: Recent Champion Heights Educational News
- New Buildings on the Horizon - Champion Local Schools has been informed that it is eligible to receive state funding for new buildings. The state would pay for 57% of expenses, with local residents required to pay the remaining 43%. The new buildings will help the district move learning into the 21st century by also updating the technology resources available to students.
- Lego League Available to Students - The Lego League at Champion Middle School is about much more than fun and games. Student participants also learn a lot about math, science, and engineering. They are given challenges to work on as a group and are able to innovate solutions in a collaborative manner.
- Teachers Honored Locally - Mr. Sauline, an intervention specialist at Champion Middle School, has been named teacher of the month. Graphic Enterprises presented Mr. Sauline with the award. His students were thrilled at the honor he received and proud to be taught by one of the best.
Champion Heights Tutors Can Help Your Student Succeed
SchoolTutoring Academy works with young learners and students, all the way up through high school. We offer Pre-K and Kindergarten Tutoring as well as Elementary School Tutoring to build a strong learning foundation early on. We also offer comprehensive tutoring across all school subjects.
Chalk Talk: Advances in Textbooks Make Learning More Fun
As educational technology continues to improve, more and more districts are adopting e-textbooks as alternatives to traditional textbooks. There are many benefits that students reap from this kind of advancement. First, students need only carry one tablet or laptop rather than a backpack full of heavy books. This garners physical benefits in that they don’t have to shoulder so much weight, as well as improves their ability to remember their “books” for school. Second, e-textbooks allow students to have interactive features that are impossible with traditional texts. Students can view pictures and videos embedded in their reading, look up definitions to works with which they are unfamiliar, and highlight and bookmark pages with the swipe of a finger. Lastly, e-textbooks expand the learning space for students. They can interact with their textbooks at school or at home, or even when traveling, so long as there is an Internet connection.