Gilbert, Arizona Tutoring Programs
Get started with SchoolTutoring Academy's tutoring programs for Gilbert, Arizona students.
Gilbert District and Curriculum
As part of a national movement toward improving American education for our children, Gilbert Public Schools began the first phase of its implementation of the Common Core State Standards according to the Arizona Department of Education. The Common Core State Standards were created using best practice methodologies and evidence-based research. The Standards in Mathematics and English Language Arts (ELA), as well as standards in all other subject areas, are the clear, consistent guidelines of what students are expected to learn each year.
We currently cover the following Gilbert-area school district: Gilbert Public Schools.
Schools in Gilbert include:
Patterson Elementary School is located on 1211 E. Guadalupe Rd., Gilbert, AZ 85234, Patterson Elementary School covers grades PreK-6 and can be contacted at 480-892-2803. The mission statement of the school is to encourage students to exceed expectations and provide them with opportunities to collaborate, acquire life skills, and change the world. Patterson Elementary School has also been named an A+ School of Excellence Winner. Like other students in the state of Arizona, students at Patterson Elementary School are taught a curriculum that includes the standards set out by the Arizona Department of Education. In 5th grade science, students learn about physical science, earth and space science, and life science. In physical science, students learn about matter and how it is made up of particles. They also investigate what happens when substances are mixed. They then learn about forces and the effects that balanced and unbalanced forces have on the motion of objects. They also learn about how energy is transferred. In Earth and S[ace Science, students focus on the Earth, Sun, Moon and Stars, and how gravitational forces affect the movement of them. In life science, students learn about genetics, and how genetic information is passed on from one generation to the next. They then learn about habitats and how changes to habitats and climate change can affect populations. To find out more about the Science tutoring that SchoolTutoring Academy offers, contact us.
Gilbert Classical Academy is located on 1016 N Burk St, Gilbert, AZ 85234, Gilbert Classical Academy covers grades 7-12 and can be contacted at 480-497-4034. The school is known for its academic program. All of the classes at the school are honors or Advanced Placement (AP) level. Students are also required to take AP Level Courses for their core subjects in upper grades. Students are challenged to reach their full potential and also to help them prepare for post secondary education. In order to graduate, students are required to perform 80 hours of community service, and defend a 4000 word Senior Thesis Project on a topic of their selection. Some of the AP courses offered at the school are AP Calculus AB/BC, AP Chemistry, AP Biology, AP Physics, and AP World History. In 2018, the school was recognized as a National Blue Ribbon School by the U.S. Department of Education. The school was also ranked the 8th best Arizona High School and 20th best in the United States by U.S. News and World Report. The school utilizes one-on-one technology along with a Socratic instruction style to help prepare students for university level postsecondary education. Some of the student clubs and activities offered at Gilbert Classical Academy are Art Club, Book Club, and Model United Nations. Academic requirements for graduation include 5 credits in math, 5.5 credits in English, 4 credits in Science, 3.5 credits in social studies, 1 credit in physical education, 2 credit in fine arts, 2 credits in modern language, 2 credits in service learning, and 4 electives. To find out more about how SchoolTutoring Academy can help you or your child with 1-on-1 tutoring, please contact us.
Campo Verde High School is located on 3870 S Quartz St, Gilbert, AZ 85297, Campo Verde High School covers grades 9-12 and can be contacted at 480-545-3100. Campo Verde High School was established in 2009 and had an enrollment of 2091 students in the 2018-2019 school year. The mascot of the school is the coyote. The mission of the school is to create an environment where students are inspired to be creative and innovative. The name of the school means “green field” in Spanish. One of the programs offered at Campo Verde High School is the Biomedical Sciences program. The program introduces students who are interested in math, science and the human body an introduction to medical fields. The program takes place over the course of 4 years, and is integrated into the high school curriculum. Other programs at the school include the Corporate Academy, the Digital Media Academy, and Computer Science. Students at the school also have the choice of a large variety of clubs and activities to participate in, such as Drama Club, Hiking Club, and Book Club. After high school, many students make the decision to attend a college or university. As part of the application process many students decide to take the SAT or ACT tests. To help with this, SchoolTutoring Academy offers SAT and ACT test preparation tutoring sessions. For more information, please contact us.
Educating Our Parents: Understanding the Gilbert District Curriculum
The Curriculum across the Gilbert Public School system is based upon the State Standards as mentioned above, and therefore is a broad-based and robust curriculum relevant to today’s learner, and includes all types of learning styles. The school district provides extra help and support for those students with differential learning styles, and creates challenging real-life experiences for all students in such core subjects as Science, Social Studies, Physical Education, Art, Health, Computer and Technology.
Gilbert Public School expects every child to perform at grade level or above in these core subjects in order that every child is fully prepared for high school, college, the workforce and beyond. The outstanding programs, curriculum and support systems of the school district are specifically designed to graduate students who are ready to compete in the twenty-first century and succeed in what is now a global community.
Our Gilbert, Arizona tutoring programs are personalized just for you
Our instructors hail from Harvard, Stanford, Duke and other top institutions
See additional Arizona tutors.
Keeping Informed: Recent Gilbert Educational News
- Gilbert Public Schools Offers Summer Learning - The Gilbert Public Schools have developed a number of programs for students during the summer months. These programs are grouped by age and can help students prepare for their upcoming transitions, or focus in on areas such as the arts. Some of the courses involve athletics and can help student athletes have some extra time to develop a balance between athletics and academics. The Summer Learning Programs are increasing in their range to move beyond traditional summer school. Programs are meant to accelerate and enrich learning, although opportunities for credit recovery are available as well.
- Kindergarten Prep Program - The administrators in the Gilbert Public Schools know that you have to start early to encourage a lifelong learner. In keeping with this philosophy, the school district has created the Kindergarten Prep Program, a program created specifically for four-year olds that fosters and cultivates kindergarten readiness. The goal of this program to give each child a well-rounded experience to promote growth and development in many areas: intellectual, social, physical and emotional. Through activities such as letter and word games, singing, storytelling and dramatic play, the preschoolers develop cognitive abilities and increase problem-solving skills. Socially, the children are encouraged to increase their social skills through cooperative play activities such as arts and crafts, music, creative movement and plays. These activities teach conflict-resolution skills, respect and appreciation of differences and diversity, and helps children grow in their own self-awareness and self-esteem.
- Gilbert Public Schools Promote Character Education - Thirty-five of the schools in the Gilbert district were awarded State and private "Character Education Grants." The schools have developed and embraced a code of ethics for all members of that school's community based on six pillars of character: Trustworthiness, Respect, Responsibility, Fairness, Caring and Citizenship. Each of the pillars of character are interwoven into the curriculum at each grade level, in every program, and accepted by all students, teachers and staff. All through the school day, the teachers reinforce the character lessons in the classroom, playground and cafeteria. Everyone in the school community help each other to live the six character traits in order to promote an environment that fosters not only academic excellence, but also ethical behavior and awareness, individual accountability, positive collaboration, understanding and acceptance of others.
Gilbert Tutors Can Help Your Student Succeed
SchoolTutoring Academy works with young learners and students, all the way up through high school. We offer Pre-K and Kindergarten Tutoring as well as Elementary School Tutoring to build a strong learning foundation early on. We also offer comprehensive tutoring across all school subjects.
About Gilbert, Arizona
The city of Gilbert is located in Maricopa County, Arizona, and covers 76 square miles. The city was originally incorporated in 1920. In its early days, Gilbert was an agriculture based community. Its growth was included by the rail line and the construction of the Roosevelt Dam and Eastern and Consolidated Canals. In 2010, CNNMoney ranked Gilbert as the “36th Best Place to Live in the Nation”. The city is also known for being a safe place to live, as it has ranked within the top 25 safest cities in the United States. Today, Gilbert has transformed from being an agricultural based community, to a suburban community of the Phoenix area.
There’s much to see and do in the city of Gilbert. Every year in late November, the city hosts the annual Gilbert Days celebration, which is held over 3 days. One of the main events at the festival is the “Gilbert Days Parade”, which celebrates the town’s heritage and involves many community members such as schools and businesses. Other events held over Gilbert Days include the Rodeo, and Half Marathon and 10K Run.
In 2017, the population of Gilbert was 242,354, making it the seventh most populated city in the state of Arizona. 31.4% of the population was under 18, 21.5% of the population was between 18-34, 29.9% was 35-54, 8.9% was 55-64 and 8.3% was over the age of 65. The median household income in the city was $85,581 in 2017.
Riparian Preserve at Water Ranch
The Riparian Preserve covers 110 acres, 70 of which are 7 water recharge basins. Visitors can enjoy the over 4.5 miles of trails that lead to vegetative zone, gardens, a paleontology dig site, and an observatory. The mission of the preserve is to protect the habitat and wildlife in the area, and promote awareness of the ecology and natural history of Arizona. The Riparian Preserve at Water Ranch offers education and recreation programs, and researches and develops strategies to help protect those environments. Visitors can see many species of birds, fish, reptiles and mammals at the preserve. Some of the fish species found in the lake are rainbow trout, largemouth bass, sunfish, tilapia and carp. About 298 species of birds have been found at the site. To get an up close look at some of the wildlife in the lake, there is also a floating boardwalk. One of the newer additions to Riparian Preserve at Water Ranch is the Gilbert Rotary Centennial Observatory, which puts on a variety of public and educational programs.
Hale Centre Theatre
The Hale Centre Theatre is “the longest continuously running, privately owned and operated theatre company in America”. The theatre was originally established in 1947 by Ruth and Nathan Hale. The Hale Centre Theatre is built as a “Theatre in the Round”, meaning that the seats surround the stage, and none of the seats are faraway. Even though the seats surround the stage, productions are directed so that all seats get equal exposure. The theatre produces shows such as “The Sound of Music” and “The Wizard of Oz” that are all family friendly. Children’s theatre is also presented sometimes.
Gilbert Farmers’ Market
The Gilbert Farmers’ Market is located in Downtown Gilbert and is open every Saturday. Visitors to the farmers’ market can purchase locally grown produce from nearby farms, along with other products from local Arizona Food Producers. In addition to fresh produce, visitors can also enjoy food trucks and other local foods, as well as games and entertainment that the whole family will enjoy! In the Summer season, there are over 60 vendors, and in the fall/spring season, there are over 100 vendors.
- The city of Gilbert was once known as the “Hay Shipping Capital of the World”.
- One notable Gilbert resident is violinist and YouTuber Lindsay Stirling. She gained fame for her violin covers of popular songs on YouTube and her appearance on America’s Got Talent.
- Newtownabbey in the United Kingdom and Leshan in China are Gilbert’s two sister cities.
- In 1990, the city’s population was only 29,000, but in 2013, the population had grew to 229,000.
Chalk Talk: The Importance of Physical Education in our Schools
With the rapid advancements in technology, cell phones and hand-held devices, our children unfortunately, have become less active. Good eating habits, physical activity and exercise are key factors to good health, and all of these important factors can be taught in Physical Education Class at school. Studies have shown children are more focused, more cooperative, and perform better academically when they participate in a Physical Education Program, reminding us that Physical Education Class is an important part of a child's curriculum in all grade levels.