There is extensive research that shows that helping your child with their homework improves their classroom attendance and academic grades. Here are five tips on how to help your child with their homework:
1) Establish a Regular Time for Homework – Find a time each day to work on homework on projects. Establishing a routine around other extra-curricular activities.
2) Make a Comfortable Place to Do Homework – Create a comfortable workspace with ample lighting and proper seating.
3) Remove Distractions – Ideally your homework workspace should be aware from the computer or television.
4) Set a Good Example – Homework Time can also be a time when the whole family turns off the TV and reads or engages in quiet activities.
5) Make it Fun – Find ways to make homework time fun such as a snack or small reward for successful completion.